Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Internship at Dollie & Me: Week's 7 & 8 - Train goes on chugging...

Days 11 & 12 + 13 & 14  3/14, 3/15 - 3/21, 3/22

Missed a few days posts but all I have to say is that those few days went well, nothing more than the usual. I remained busy, some of my highlights being attending a technical design costing meeting I attended on 3/14, where I learned some new terms, understood the importance of the bottom line, and the frustrations that come with the manufacture of clothing overseas. It has it good points as well as its bad, but when something goes wring? It really can go VERY wrong, so following up on things every step of the way is really key. 

On 3/22 I helped Adira with a special project she is working on to expand the future of Dollie & Me's design market. I won't mention it directly here, but if it's successful, I'm certain that it will be adorable. I did some of the initial research for the project, and my hopes are that I can be a real part of it in the long haul. 

That same day I also made design boards with basic technical instructions to hand off to Alexander Doll for manufacturing. It was a simple task that I completed easily and efficiently.

I wasn't in the office last week because it was my Spring Break. I plan to be there bright and early this coming Thursday. I wonder what tasks await me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment