Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bonus: Dollie & Me Fashion Show at the NYC Toy Fair

Sunday, February 10th, was the first day of the NYC Toy Fair!


And on this day, Dollie & Me had a mini fashion show at their booth under Madame Alexander Dolls. My Supervisor, Jason, the Executive VP of Dollie & Me, asked me to come lend a hand the day of the little show. I jumped to the opportunity right away. 

At first I had no idea it was the Toy Fair! I arrived at the Javits Center around a quarter to 12, got my exhibitor pass at the front, and headed to the show office. Luckily I spotted Jason on the way, because if not I would have been completely lost in that huge place!

In my last post I talked about how I packed and sorted the garments for the show, and now I would finally see them in action. 

The little models were absolutely adorable. They were a mix of employee children and relatives, among them Jason's two daughters and a niece, as well as some other girls from various sources. 

Scary mishap though when we were going down the escalator with the garments and the garment rack came apart and the garments fell onto the escalator! It was so terrifying, I thought they were going to get caught in it! It was totally not a good idea to go down the escalator with that. I was worried when they did it that way, but in the end, no garments were harmed. 

The garments were then scooped up, placed back, and once we got to the upper hall the garments were divided out in order and then the mom's dressed their girls in one of the bathrooms. Slowly but surely everything was organized and going smoothly.

One by one the girls came out in their little outfits and were given their matching dolls! Then the girls practiced their walks and smiles. The results were simply adorable! 

Then the head designer, Cynthia, came over to me and said that if she could she'd dress me up and put me in the show too, haha! They are always raving about how adorable I am, its funny. I get it a lot though. 

Then at 2pm, it was time to start the show!

Here's a few photos...


Lining up!



Down the runway they go~



Group photo!


It was a lot of fun! I hope there will be more events like this!


And here's a few more pictures of the displays...




Too cute! The colors and designs and the mini doll versions of everything bring me such joy.

I'll be back in the office Thursday for my 3rd week on the job, it's going well thus far I'd say.

2 comments:

  1. Aw this sounds like fun. I don't think we have a toy convention here unfortunately. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it was quite fun! I wish I looked around even more, I didn't have much time to. Maybe I'll get to go again next year, who knows~

      Delete